Audience: This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR Managers
- Payroll Managers
- To note what will happen in the next bulk mailing exercise
This notice is from MyCSP on behalf of Cabinet Office, Scheme Management Executive
- EPN347 provided advance details of the new employee contributions and enabled you to alert your payroll about the changes that will come into effect from April 2013.
- You may have also seen the letter to Civil Service staff that was issued on 7 January from Sir Bob Kerslake, Head of the Civil Service. This letter was sent via the Civil Service Head of Internal Communications network (HoICS). The letter can be shared with all PCSPS members, as it announces these increases to employee pension contributions for all those earning over £15,000 pa. If you have not received this letter, you should contact your internal communications unit and/or sponsor departments.
- The Cabinet Office, Scheme Management Executive (SME) has commissioned MyCSP to issue a letter to all members, advising them personally of these changes; similar to the activity undertaken last year.
- All letters will be distributed to the members’ home address currently held by MyCSP (as provided by you the Employer). SME and MyCSP recognises that a number of Employers have undertaken significant data cleansing activity following last year’s similar exercise to ensure a higher success rate for delivery.
- Exceptions to standard distribution activity
Following last year’s exercise MyCSP recognises that for a few Employers, for various reasons, this method of distribution is not appropriate. Therefore those of you who had alternative arrangements in place last year will have the same arrangement for the April 2013 mailing. Any alteration to the designated delivery address and single points of contact must be notified to MyCSP either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via your dedicated CRM by Wednesday 23rd January.
- Mailing will commence towards the end of February 2013. These letters will be sent second class post by Royal Mail and these should all be delivered by the end of March 2013.
- The letter will give details of a dedicated phone line for members to use should they have any questions regarding the changes.
Enquiries regarding content please contact SME on SMEemployers@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk