This notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR Managers;
- Pension leads; and
- Payroll Managers.
To confirm with your IT departments that your systems meet the requirements needed to run the 2015 Options Exercise online calculator and videos.
1. The 2015 Programme will provide an online calculator and video to support members through the Options Exercise that will take place between October and December 2014.
2. The calculator will help your staff to estimate their pension benefits at different retirement ages, based on the following two options:
- Option 1 – move into the new pension scheme, alpha, on their personal Tapered Enrolment date; or
- Option 2 – move into alpha with the majority of members on 1 April 2015.
3. Use of the online calculator is not mandatory and your staff will receive projections of both options on their Options statement, which will be sent to them in October 2014. However, we want to encourage members to engage with their decision and consider their options carefully.
4. To support members further, two videos will also be published on our new pension scheme website in the next few months (www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk) – an overview of the Options Exercise and an introduction to alpha video.
5. Use of these tools will require that certain IT settings are enabled, and these are detailed below. Please ensure your IT arrangements support the requirements.
6. There may be certain restrictions in place for business reasons that prevent the settings being amended. This means your staff will be unable to access the calculator or videos on work systems.
7. However, please note that your staff will be able to access the calculator and videos using an alternative device. The online calculator works on mobile, tablet and is compatible with a wide range of operating systems found on personal computers. The videos will be accessible from any unrestricted internet connection.
8. Please check and confirm the following system requirements with your IT department:
- Desktop: Internet Explorer 6-11, latest Chrome, latest Firefox, latest Safari (OS X);
- Mobile: iOS 5, 6 & 7 (Mobile Safari), Android 2.2+ (stock browser), Android 4+ (Chrome), Windows Phone 8.
- Access to YouTube must be given, along with the ability to play video files.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact email@example.com.
You can find electronic copies of the Employers’ Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on this website or by contacting your Pension Service Centre.