This notice will be of interest to:
- HR Manager; and
- Pension Leads
To read the attached guidance and take action to collect Public Service Pension History details from your members in order to assess how they will be affected by the 2015 changes.
- As you know, changes need to be made to your payroll systems, interface and business processes to implement the alpha pension scheme from April 2015.
- Another key part of implementing the 2015 changes successfully is to ensure you enrol the right members into alpha at the right time. To do this you will need to know if any of your employees who have joined you since April 2007 have previous public service pension history.
- The Employer Impact document - Eligibility and Enrolling (attached to EPN383) contains more information about this. Please ensure you read the material and use it when designing your processes to ensure you successfully migrate the right people into alpha from April 2015.
- It is your responsibility to collect Public Service Pension History from your employees and you should decide the most effective process for doing so. We have given you a template below which you may wish to use to collect the information from your staff.
- Please note that this exercise relates only to existing staff who have joined since April 2007 and those who you expect to join you soon. We are reviewing the new joiner process in light of the 2015 changes and more information will be available in due course.
- We understand this is a new complex process, and that clarification may be required. Therefore, we have provided you with some further information to help you understand the importance of Public Service Pension History and the impact it has on enrolment and eligibility considerations.
- Please see below for the Public Service Pension History fact sheet, including some case studies to highlight different scenarios.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact email@example.com.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on this website or by contacting your Pension Service Centre.