This notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR Managers; and
- Pension Leads
- To note the actions needed to support alpha in the initial implementation period and amend your processes as necessary.
- The 2015 Programme team would like to thank employers for all their hard work in getting ready to meet their roles and responsibilities for administering alpha.
- There are some further actions you will need to take and changes you need to note for managing the administration of the pension arrangements during the initial implementation period (i.e. before your April payroll is received and processed by MyCSP).
Processing immediate urgent cases: What you should do if a member dies in service after migrating to alpha, but before you send the first alpha interface to MyCSP:
- You should notify MyCSP in the usual way that the member has died. You should flag that the member moved to alpha on 1 April 2015. MyCSP will contact you for any data they will need to calculate the benefits. Please note that any valid Death Benefit nomination form the member completed whilst a PCSPS member will be honoured if they die in service after migrating to alpha.
- The same process applies in the case of Early Exit awards. You should let MyCSP know in the normal way and ensure you flag that the member is in alpha.
First alpha interface
- If you have not already done so you need to tell us the date you plan to send MyCSP your first alpha interface. You need to send the date to firstname.lastname@example.org. We need this date so that we can plan the processing of the first alpha interfaces.
Member questions about the 2015 changes
- Your employees may come to you with questions about their pension benefits now they are in alpha. In the first instance you should direct the member to the Civil Service Pensions website. There are member communications and frequently asked questions about alpha.
- You may also get asked questions about the contribution changes. To help you, your Shared Service Provider and line managers have produced the Frequently Asked Questions factsheet at annex A
- The email@example.com inbox will remain open until 31 May 2015. After that date, employer questions should be directed to MyCSP or if it is a question about scheme discretions, for example restarting EPA option, your question should go to TPSEemployers@cabinetoffice.gov.uk.
- The Programme Employer Engagement Leads, Julie Stevens and Phil Starling, will continue to support you through the initial stage of administering alpha, to help resolve any migration and interface issues. After this initial period of support questions and requests for support will be managed through the ‘Business as Usual’ arrangements (your MyCSP Service Delivery Manager).
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on this website or by contacting MyCSP.