If you are an overseas pensioner, you may find answers to your questions below.
- There is no issue or ‘delay’ to overseas pension payments.
- The process for making overseas payments has changed, following the migration of the scheme's pensioner payroll from Capita Hartshead to MyCSP. This change includes a different overseas paying agent.
- Under the previous administration arrangements, payments were made ‘early’ in some cases (payments were transferred to the paying agent before the allocated Payment Date).
- MyCSP makes the payments on the member’s Payment Date in line with formal procedure.
- Please note that a Payment Date is not the same as a ‘Due Date’. The scheme is required to make the payment on the member’s personal Payment Date, which is then processed by the paying agent.
- The payments are made in GBP Sterling and it can take a few days for the paying agent to convert the payment to the correct currency and transfer it to the member’s local bank.
- Therefore, some members might receive their pension payment a few days later than they did previously before the administration change took place.
- There is no change to the amount of pension that members’ receive.
- The amount of pension paid to overseas members has not changed.
- The only change members should see is that payments might reach their bank account a few days after the date it was received previously, when administered by Capita Hartshead.
- This change is necessary to bring overseas payments in line with formal pension scheme procedures.
- MyCSP is aware of, and is liaising directly with, a handful of members who have raised queries about their pension payment.
Notification of the change
- Overseas pensioner members should have received notification from Cabinet Office (which is responsible for Civil Service Pensions) about the change in administration from Capita Hartshead to MyCSP in September 2014.
- The previous payroll administration was responsible for the delivery of this notification. However, it has come to light recently that the notifications were not issued.
- The scheme apologises to overseas pensioners for any confusion or concern this has caused.