Readers are asked to note the instructions and take action where necessary as a result of the new website being launched at the end of July 2014.
Audience: This notice will be of interest to all EPN recipients
Action: To note the instructions and take action where necessary
- We intend to launch a new website at the end of July 2014, which will focus entirely on the Civil Service pension arrangements. The new site will build on and improve the information currently on the Civil Service website. It will make it quicker and easier for scheme employers and members to navigate to find key information about the scheme.
- It is likely that you refer to the current Civil Service website (www.civilservice.gov.uk) in information that you give to your staff. You will need to replace any references to the current website with links to the new website address: www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk
- We will put in place an ‘automatic redirect’ from the current site to the new one. This means that, once the new site is launched if you or a member of staff use a link to the ‘old’ site then you will be taken automatically to the new website homepage instead. The redirect to the new website homepage will apply for all links that you might have in your communications material to the current site, including those to specific subpages or forms.
- The new website has been designed carefully with user experiences in mind to ensure it is simple and easy to use. You should be able to locate relevant information quickly.
- We will let you know by another EPN when the new website is ‘live’ so that you can familiarise yourself with the content and update any specific webpage links as necessary.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact firstname.lastname@example.org.