Date posted: 06/10/2014
This notice will be of interest to:
- HR Manager, and
- Pension Leads
Complete the October Readiness Self-Assessment and return it to email@example.com by 24 October 2014.
- The 2015 national employer engagement events finished on 30 September in Cardiff. We welcome your feedback on the recent events to ensure we are providing you with the support and information you need to meet your 2015 responsibilities. We will write to you soon to collect feedback and we will also provide you with new information including, FAQs, some of the presentation material and case studies.
- The new information will clarify the migration requirements, as we are aware that many employers have not yet put sufficient plans in place to ensure that the right members are migrated into alpha on 1 April 2015 or at the member's Tapered Enrolment End Date. It is important that you are able to demonstrate your progress against these plans and other key tasks such as collecting your members' Public Service Pension History. You will not be able to successfully migrate members to alpha at the right time without collating Public Service Pension History.
- Your progress against these key areas will be considered formally as part of the next Self-Assessment, which is due by 24 October and can be found at Annex A to this EPN. The Self-Assessment asks if you have responded to EPN396. If you have not already done so you need to send us the Payroll Development information urgently.
- Please complete the assessment and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 October 2014. It is important that you demonstrate on the Self-Assessment return what progress you have made in meeting the required milestones and we will need to see your plans and evidence of your processes when we discuss your returns with you.
- The list below sets out where we would expect you to be at this stage of the change process, and you will need to confirm whether you are on track or not:
- Have raised Change Requests with your IT partners/Payroll Providers.
- Provided technical questions to the programme (EPN396)
- Be in the process of finalising impact assessments for the changes
- Have responded to EPN396 to confirm development dates
- Have a detailed project plan in place
- Have identified the processes that need to be changed to support the alpha implementation
- Have informed senior leadership of the project in hand, the complexities and the ongoing costs
- Addressed the need for the right/sufficient resource to be in place to manage the changes.
- Tools are available to help you meet your 2015 responsibilities. These can be found here. We will continue to support you with further guidance material and one to one meetings where appropriate.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact email@example.com.
You can find electronic copies of the Employer Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on this website or by contacting your Pension Service Centre.