Pension Tracing

Pension Tracing

Do you want to know if you are entitled to a Civil Service Pension?

1. First you can check your former employer is part of the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme (PCSPS) by using the free DWP online pension tracing service to quickly locate any lost pension savings at:

Simply select the “Workplace pension” option and enter your former employer’s name or pension scheme into the search and the contact details for your relevant scheme will be returned. 

2. If you then believe you have any unclaimed Civil Service pension, we can help. You will need to provide us with the following details:

  • Your full name or any other names you have previously used;
  • Your date of birth;
  • Your National Insurance number;
  • The name of your ex-employer;
  • The dates of your employment within the service.

We will then check all of our systems to locate your pension record.

3. If your former employer has not provided us with your records, we will not be able to assess you for any potential pension benefits.

In this instance, you can contact your former employer to request they find your pension records. Your former employer is responsible for:

  • Providing all the necessary information to the scheme administrator.
  • Updating you directly on any progress.