Date posted: 01/04/2008
Audience: This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR Managers
- HR staff dealing with retirement
- Policy teams
- Issue the revised model letters to relevant colleagues Update your internal guidance / intranet pages as needed
- Destroy previous versions
- In EPN151 we issued model letters for you to write to members of staff who are approaching pension age to find out when they plan to retire. This EPN updates those letters to reflect pension reform features that were introduced from 1 March 2008, these include:
- service limits – increase to 45 years for all schemes; and
- partial retirement
- We have revised the four model letters, which include two for classic, classic plus and premium members and two for partnership members. We also enclose an intentions form. The intentions form is optional and can be used to ask members to complete and return to you to advise you of their retirement plans. Updated pre-retirement model letter text to include pension reform changes EPN151 - update It is essential that you use the correct letter according to which scheme the member is in, and the appropriate text within the letter, or you will be giving them misleading information.
- You can include the appropriate paragraphs from the model letters in your own pre retirement letters, ensuring that you follow the notes on the right hand side of the page.
This document replaces EPN151
Enquiries about content, distribution or to receive in a different format
Civil Service Pensions