If you need to complain

Please contact us and include:

  • your full name, address and contact details
  • your date of birth and pension member number 
  • full details of your complaint
  • how you would like the complaint to be resolved
  • photocopies of any documents supporting your complaint

We will do everything we can to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible including:

  • acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days
  • assign a dedicated member of the customer service team to manage your complaint 
  • provide a full response to your complaint, or an update on progress within 20 working days
  • continue to manage your complaint and update you on progress until your issues have been resolved

Complaints we can help with

We can deal with any complaint about the way in which we have carried out, or failed to carry out, our role. This can include, for example, complaints about mistakes, misunderstandings, lack of information or delays.

Complaints we can't help with

  • employment issues – you should contact your employer in the usual way
  • Government legislation, regulation or pension policy – you should contact publiccorrespondence@cabinetoffice.gov.uk
  • proceedings that have begun in a court or tribunal about the same disagreement
  • a complaint that the Pensions Ombudsman has agreed to investigate
  • State benefits – you should contact DWP
  • Your own personal tax issues – you should contact HMRC
  • Scheme Medical Adviser – you should complete the Med 9 form on the Civil Service Pension scheme website.

If you remain dissatisfied

We aim to resolve your complaint, however, you have the right to refer a complaint to The Pensions Ombudsman Early Resolution Team free of charge at any stage. If you need help raising your concerns, or just to discuss a potential complaint with a member of the team, you can contact The Pensions Ombudsman as below:

The Pensions Ombudsman

Tel: 0800 917 4487

Email: enquiries@pensions-ombudsman.org.uk

Website: www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk

The Pensions Ombudsman deals with complaints and disputes which concern the administration and/or management of occupational and personal pension schemes.

You can submit a complaint form online:


Contact with The Pensions Ombudsman about a complaint needs to be made within three years of when the event(s) you are complaining about happened – or, if later, within three years of you becoming aware of the event. There is discretion for those time limits to be extended.

If you have general requests for information or guidance concerning your pension arrangements contact:

The Pensions Advisory Service
11 Belgrave Road,
London, S

Tel: 0800 011 3797

Website: www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/

If your dispute remains unresolved, you can use the two stage Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) procedure, which is a statutory process that all occupational pension schemes must have in place. For more information, see the full details of the IDR procedure.

7 December 2021
Last updated:
31 March 2022