Date posted: 01/02/2007
- HR Managers
- HR staff dealing with recruitment and new entrants
Action: Make sure that all HR staff who order Starter Packs have the new DRF1 order forms as soon as possible and instructions for completion (annexes A and B) and that they use them for all new entrants joining before 1 July 2007.
- EPN158 announced the changes to the Civil Service pension arrangements from 1 July 2007. The new entrant Starter Pack will need to be re-written.
- The introduction of the new scheme and the varying recruitment timetables across employers using the Civil Service pension arrangements will mean that there is a transition period during which both the current Starter Pack and the new scheme Starter Pack will be in use. It is essential that new entrants receive the correct pack.
- Our print/distribution provider, St Ives Direct, must be able to identify which Starter Pack to send each new entrant. St Ives will check this using the new entrant’s start date. The DRF1 order form has been modified to ask for the new entrant’s start date, which you must enter on all orders from now onwards. An example of the word version of the new DRF1 is included at Annex A. Wherever possible you should use the spreadsheet version, available on our website [Employers > Forms] or from the employer helpdesk. Please see Annex B for instructions and make sure that everyone in your organisation who orders Starter Packs has this information.
- Staff joining before 1 July 2007. St Ives will issue the Starter Pack immediately in the same way as now.
- Staff joining on or after 1 July 2007. We have not finalised the Starter Pack for the new scheme. We will issue an EPN shortly to tell you how to order Starter Packs for those joining on or after 1 July 2007. Do not order packs for these people until you have received that EPN, which will have a new Starter Pack order form (DRF2).
Enquiries about content, distribution or to receive in a different format
Civil Service Pensions