Date posted: 01/03/2007
Audience: All finance managers and their payroll providers who pay pension contributions to Cabinet Office Civil Superannuation
- Ensure all pension contributions and breakdowns, including those for the new pension scheme, which is to be called novus, are received by Cabinet Office by 19th of the following month in which they relate to.
- Note the amendment of Annex 3C, Employers’ Pension Guide, which now includes space for showing separately the contributions payable for the new pension scheme being introduced for new entrants from 1 July 2007.
Timing: July 2007. No entries are due for the new scheme before July.
- Pension contributions payable by employers and employees are paid to the Cabinet Office monthly in arrears and are due by 19th of the following month. This deadline is a condition of your pension delegation. Failure to pay over employee contributions within the legal time limit could result in the employer being reported to the Pensions Regulator.
- EPN158 announced the plans for change to the Civil Service pension arrangements. With the introduction of novus for new entrants joining from 1 July 2007, we have amended the monthly form at Annex 3C of the Employers’ Pension Guide (as attached to this EPN). We are asking you to show contributions for novus members separately, along with both classic and premium/classic plus contributions.
- You should send the detailed breakdown of your payment, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Cabinet Office, Finance Branch, 8th Floor, Grosvenor House, Basing View, Basingstoke, RG21 4HG. Please send us details of the breakdown of your payment as soon as payment is made. This will allow us to post the receipt to our accounts promptly and will save us having to chase you for the breakdown.
Annex 3C of the Employers’ Pension Guide
Enquiries about content, distribution or to receive in a different format
Civil Service Pensions