Date posted: 01/11/2008
Audience: This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- All staff who have any pensions responsibilities
Action: To be aware of the change planned for the Civil Service Pensions (CSP) website
Please circulate this notice to all staff who have pensions responsibilities
Please give us your views on the employer site navigation via the on-line Card Sort exercise (see paragraphs 7 and 8)
Timing: Immediate circulation - Card sort exercise available on-line to 26 November only
- The Civil Service Pensions website will be moving to the new Civil Service website. This is due to be launched in December 2008. The web address for the new Civil Service site will be: www.civilservice.gov.uk (no change)
- There will be a Pensions tab on the new Civil Service website home page to enter our homepage.
- The direct web path for the Civil Service Pensions home page will be: www.civilservice.gov.uk/pensions/index.aspx
- There will be an automatic diversion from the current CSP web address to the new CSP home page, so that anyone using the old address will still find the information. The diversion will be in place for at least 12 months, to give us time to revise references in our publications and letters.
New site design and improved navigation
- The CSP website ‘look and feel’ will change to fit into the new Civil Service web site. We have also taken the rebuilding of the site as an opportunity to review and amend the navigation for the main part of the site aimed at scheme members. We reviewed the navigation with the help of consultants who conducted interviews with member representatives to explore their understanding and needs of the site and the terminology used.
- The new navigation is designed to make navigation easier.
Employer and APAC sites
- At launch date, the structure of the employer and APAC sections of the site will be the same as they are now, within the new design. We are also reviewing the navigation for these in response to feedback that some information can be difficult to find, and we would like your input.
- Up to 26 November we will have an on-line exercise for you to participate in the employer site review. This is called a Card Sort exercise and is easy to complete – it involves considering a list of topics and which subject headings they fit with. This should not take more than 10 minutes to do. Please help us to improve the site for everyone.
- We will issue an EPN nearer the time to confirm the launch date for the new site, together with a top level navigation and materials for you to tell your staff about the change.
- Communications for the launch of the Civil Service (CS) site will be handled centrally by the Communications team based at the Cabinet Office. They are looking for volunteers to feature on the new homepage of the CS site and have asked us to include the following request for case studies.
Interested in being a Civil Service case study?
Do you have an interesting or unusual role in the Civil Service? Are you on the frontline dealing with members of the public on a daily basis or do you have a policy/operational role which impacts on UK citizens? We would like to hear from people right across the Civil Service to feature on our homepage. civilservice.gov.uk is relaunching with an exciting new design this winter and when we do, we want to present a number of case studies to show just how wide ranging the work of the Civil Service is.
With everyone from weather forecasters, engineers and forest rangers to policy advisors, veterinary officers and case workers, the Civil Service is a diverse employer. We hope to present this breadth with a range of short case studies on individual civil servants.
If you would like to be involved please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you further information and some questions about your role.
Enquiries about content, distribution or to receive in a different format
Civil Service Pensions