Date posted: 01/02/2010
Audience: This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- All Finance Managers and their payroll providers who pay employer pension contributions to Cabinet Office: Civil Superannuation.
- Ensure all Civil Service pension contributions in respect of financial year 2009-10 are received by Cabinet Office by 19 April 2010
- Pension contributions are paid monthly in arrears and are due by 19th of the following month. This deadline is a legal requirement and is a condition of your pension delegation. Failure to pay over contributions on time could result in the employer being reported to the Pensions Regulator.
Deadline for payment of 2009-10 pension contributions
- Most employers now operate accruals accounting and have to lay their accounts before the start of Parliament’s Summer recess in July 2010. Employers also have to agree their transaction streams and amounts outstanding at 31 March 2010 with us so they can complete their Whole of Government returns. It is essential, therefore, that you make sure we have received all contributions due from you for 2009-10 by no later than 19 April 2010. This means if you pay by BACS then you’ll have to pay us a few days earlier to make sure we receive the contributions on time.
- You should also send us a detailed breakdown of your payment, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Cabinet Office, Civil Service Pensions, Finance Branch, 8th Floor, Grosvenor House, Basing View, Basingstoke, RG21 4HG, to arrive by 19 April 2010. We would appreciate it if you would send us details of the breakdown of your payment as soon as possible. This will allow us to identify and post the receipt to our accounts promptly and will save us having to chase you for the breakdown. 4. We plan to send reports of transaction streams and end-year balances to employers involved in the Whole of Government Accounts process in early May 2010.
This document replaces EPN242
Enquiries about content, distribution or to receive in a different format
Civil Service Pensions