Date posted: 01/05/2010
Audience: This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- Staff responsible for referring cases to the Scheme Medical Adviser
- Occupational Health providers
- Staff responsible for paying the Scheme Medical Adviser
Action: To note revisions to order forms IHR1 and IRH2 for referrals to the Scheme Medical Adviser.
Timing: The revisions to order forms IHR1 and IRH2 can be implemented immediately but will come into full effect from 1 July 2010.
- You must use the revised order forms IHR1 and IHR2 for referrals to the Scheme Medical Adviser from 1 July 2010. You can use them immediately if practicable. The Scheme Medical Adviser will return any new cases received on old forms from 1 July and you will need to complete the new forms.
- The forms have been revised to meet the requirements of the new confidentiality rules introduced by the General Medical Council that set standards for doctors and others who work in the medical profession. The revisions are explained below.
- The ‘Notes for members’ on page 17 has been replaced with a new form entitled ‘Advance Release of Report Guidelines’ on forms IHR1 and IHR2. This new form advises members that they will receive a copy of the report that Capita Health Solutions produce after they have made their assessment, at the same time that it is issued to employers. Members also have the option of requesting an advance copy of the report a few days before it is issued to their employer, or requesting not to be sent a copy of the report. The notes on pages 17 and 18 of the forms give more details of what this change entails. The only other change is the addition of a sentence on p.6 of the forms to reflect the fact that some departments do not allow for completion of section 3.
Enquiries about content, distribution or to receive in a different format
My Civil Service Pension