Date posted: 01/06/2010
Audience: This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR staff involved with departures attracting compensation under the CSCS.
Action: To note the content of the HR Director letter issued on 18 June and the options available under scheme rules following the latest judgement from the Judicial Review.
- Please find attached the HR Director letter issued today. The letter sets out that employers can agree exits under former CSCS terms with a last day of service of 15 Sept 2010, and clarifies the position on the Wallis judgement (see EPN269), nuvos members and Approved Early Retirement in premium.
- If you have been discussing a planned early exit scheme with your Pension Service Centre (PSC) please contact them directly if you have any urgent queries. Please be aware that PSCs may have to deal with a large number of such queries as a result of the Judicial Review outcome.
- For all non-urgent queries and clarifications about the ruling please contact the Employer Helpdesk as usual.
- We will update you with further information as it becomes available.
Enquiries about content, distribution or to receive in a different format
Civil Service Pensions