- This Notice will be of particular interest to: HR staff dealing with early exit exercises.
- To identify cases where staff have left on early exit terms on or after the 1st April 2012 and received a CILON payment
- To recalculate CILON for those staff identified and pay any additional CILON due.
- Cabinet Office Scheme Management Executive (SME) commissioned the Scheme Actuary to undertake a review of various scheme factors. As a result of this review the CILON factors have been changed and the CILON calculator has been updated with the new factors.
- The CILON factor change has been retrospectively applied to 1st April 2012. This is because extra member contributions were introduced from this date, which significantly impacts upon the CILON calculation.
You must identify all early exit cases with a last day of service on or after 1st April 2012 who received a CILON payment. The Website CILON Calculator was updated on 31 May 2012, any cases calculated after this date will be correct.
For the cases identified the updated CILON calculator on the website should be used to re-calculate any payments.
Where underpayments are identified the individual should be paid the outstanding amount. The CILON payment is subject to tax and national insurance contributions.
Enquiries regarding content please refer to your MyCSP Pension Service Centre, details of which can be found on our website under MyCSP pensions helplines and complaints.
Enquiries regarding distribution or to receive in a different format Mycsp.email@example.com