Audience: This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR staff and staff who use the Employers Pension Guide
- To note the updates to the Employers Pension Guide (online version).
Timing: The updated sections of the Employers Pension Guide are available online for immediate use and replace the previous versions issued.
Employers Pension Guide Update
- Sections 3, 4, 5, 6 and 12 of the Employers Pension Guide (EPG) have been updated.
- Section 5 also has a new annex 5D, this gives the new opting out process for employers that have or have not staged for automatic enrolment.
- TUPE Guidance - Following Cabinet Office advice Section 6, Annex 6f bullet point 6h has been updated with the current guidance on how TUPE in service is treated when somebody leaves on early exit terms. Any on-going cases should be calculated using this guidance and any cases where payment has not yet been made should be recalculated on the basis of the attached. The Scheme Management Executive is looking at the legal position of cases processed before this advice became available.
- The EPG is available on the website, ‘Employers Pension Guide’.
You must now use the online version of the updated sections of the Employers Pension Guide. Hard copies are no longer being issued or maintained.
Enquiries regarding content please refer to your MyCSP Pension Service Centre, details of which can be found on our website under pensions helplines and complaints.