This notice and annex replaces EPN 371
Audience: This notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR Managers;
- Pension leads; and
- Payroll Managers.
Action: To ensure your payroll provider incorporates MyCSP’s enhanced data validation requirements by 26 August 2014.
Data cleanse and increased validation checks
- MyCSP will introduce enhanced data validation checks when its new pension system Compendia is implemented. This is planned for 26 August 2014. EPN371, issued in January 2014, provided the full set of validations that will be applied to the data you provide from this date.
- The enhanced validation document has been updated following feedback from employers and payroll providers. It contains more information about the changes to the validation process and what action you will need to take. The revised version is in Annex A to this notice – please use this version.
What you need to do- Read the enhanced validation document (Annex A) to this notice and ensure that you understand the impact these changes will have on your organisation’s data management processes.
- You should engage with your payroll provider, where necessary, to ensure your systems will be ready to incorporate the increased data validations when Compendia is implemented. The planned go-live date for Compendia is Tuesday 26 August 2014.
- Consider whether you will need any additional resource to manage any increases in data rejections that may occur as a result of the new process
- The purpose of the enhanced validation checks is to improve the quality and integrity of scheme data. Therefore, the number of rejections that you will need to manage will depend on the current ‘health’ of your data.
- MyCSP has taken on-board feedback from employers and payroll providers and understands the challenges involved in meeting these requirements. To take account of this, MyCSP will set the system up to issue warnings, rather than rejections if the requirements are not met to begin with. Exceptions to this will be checks for mandatory fields and codes which cannot be set as warnings and consequently, where missing, data will be rejected. MyCSP will flag up any errors to you, so that you can work to fix them.
- MyCSP will continue to work with you to improve the quality of scheme member data and support you through these changes. A dedicated service desk is due to be introduced later this year to support you with your data and interface-related issues going forward.
- The annex to this EPN provides the definitive details of these validation checks. You should contact Paul Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about the enhanced validation process.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact email@example.com.
You can find electronic copies of the Employers’ Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our Employer section.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on this site or by contacting your Pension Service Centre.