Date posted: 01/08/2014
Audience: This notice will be of interest to:
- HR Managers; and
- Pension Leads
- Note the changes to the approval process for exits under the Civil Service Compensation Scheme; and
- Use the new templates for applications with immediate effect (attached at Annex A and Annex B).
- Cabinet Office has updated the templates you need to use when applying for approval to exit staff under the Civil Service Compensation Scheme (CSCS). Please use the revised forms at Annex A and Annex B with immediate effect.
- You will also be able to find the forms on the new Civil Service Pension Scheme website: www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk.
- Please note that Cabinet Office has amended the exit process. Where provisional approval is given for a bulk exit scheme, you need to seek final approval (using the individual exit form) before proceeding with any individual exits involving Permanent Secretaries, or where exit costs exceed £100,000.
- Cabinet Office aims to respond to any staff exit applications under the CSCS within ten working days of receipt, providing that we have received all of the relevant information.
- Please note that you should not apply for an exit scheme approval more than 12 months in advance of the proposed exit date.
- If you require any further information please contact John Anderson: John.Anderson@cabinet-office.gsi.gov.uk
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact email@example.com.
You can find electronic copies of the Employers’ Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on our website.