This notice is an update to EPN 390
This notice will be of particular interest to:
To ensure your payroll provider incorporates MyCSP’s enhanced data validation requirements by 15 September 2014.
Update: Revised commencement date for increased data validation checks
1. As set out in EPNs 371 and 390, MyCSP will introduce enhanced data validation checks when its new pension system, Compendia, is implemented.
2. The planned implementation date is now 15 September 2014 and not 23 August, as previously advised. The new full set of validations will be applied to the data you provide from 15 September 2014.
3. The enhanced validation document in Annex A of this notice contains information about the changes to the validation process and what action you will need to take. The document was sent to you in EPN390 and has not changed – you should continue to use this version.
4. It is important that you understand the impact the new validation checks will have on your organisation’s data management processes. 5. You should engage with your payroll provider, where necessary, to ensure your systems will be ready to incorporate the increased data validations from15 September 2014.
6. You should also consider whether you will need additional resource to manage any increases in data rejections that may occur as a result of the new process.
7. The purpose of the enhanced validation checks is to improve the quality and integrity of scheme data. Therefore, the number of rejections that you will need to manage will depend on the current ‘health’ of your data.
8. Please note that, in the short term, the system will only reject key data items that fail the new validation checks. For all other non-critical data, the system will issue warnings so you know which problem items need to be addressed.
9. The intention is to move to automatic rejections for all data that fails the validation checks in the future. More information will be provided on the wider data improvement plans in due course.
10. MyCSP will continue to work with you to improve the quality of scheme member data, resolving any data integrity and interface-related issues as they arise.
11. A dedicated service desk is due to be introduced later this year to support you with your data and interface-related issues going forward.
12. The annex to this EPN provides the definitive details of the new validation checks. You should contact Paul Hutchinson at email@example.com if you have any queries about the enhanced validation process.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find electronic copies of the Employers’ Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on this website or by contacting your Pension Service Centre.