Date posted: 26/11/2015
This notice will be of interest to:
- Employers who are responsible for contracting, tendering and outsourcing public services under New Fair Deal.
- To ensure that your outsourcing processes refer to the New Fair Deal section on the Civil Service Pensions website. Your processes should also bring the webpages to the attention of any prospective employers.
- Civil Service Pensions have developed a New Fair Deal application form and guidance materials to support you and prospective employers through their admission to the Civil Service Pension schemes. The guidance also sets out the roles and responsibilities of all parties in the admission process. The guidance materials are split into two defined areas, which are Admission and Administration. You can find the products on the Civil Service Pensions website here.
- If you are considering outsourcing public services you need to contact Cabinet Office at email@example.com. This will allow us to prepare and help you with the admission process. You should contact Cabinet Office at least 6 months before the staff transfer to the New Fair Deal employer.
- Fair Deal is a non-statutory policy HM Treasury introduced in June 1999 with further guidance issued in 2004. In October 2013 they reformed the policy and it became known as New Fair Deal. It sets out how pension issues should be dealt with when staff are compulsorily transferred from the public sector under TUPE to independent providers of public services. The policy objective is to give transferring staff an appropriate level of protection by allowing them continued access to their public service pension. The NFD policy can be found here.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find electronic copies of the Employer Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on this website or by contacting MyCSP.