Date posted: 22/02/2016
This notice will be of particular interest to:
- Pension Leads and HR Managers
- Direct your workforce to the Quick Start section of the Civil Service Pensions website where they will find key information about their pension, in an easy to digest format.
- Since November 2015, Civil Service Pensions has been running a campaign to help engage scheme members with their pension benefits.
Our aim is to help scheme members gain a better understanding of their options and to help them start to plan for their retirement.
This involves a series of ‘bite-sized’ guides to answer some simple questions that members may have about their pension benefits, taking some of the burden away from employers.
You can find them on their own section of the Civil Service Pensions website, under the Quick Start banner.
- Civil Service Pensions will provide more information about future Quick Start Guides during March to help you plan internal communications to your employee’s. In the meantime, we will publish the next two guides during February and March:
- 23 February 2016 – Peace of mind - The benefits available to your loved ones after you die.
- 9 March 2016 - Tell us what you think - To let members know how they can give feedback on the guides (and all other information) we produce.
- Quick Start guides will be held on the scheme website building up a library of guides that both you and your employees can use when you need to find key information about Civil Service Pensions.
Please do not forward this EPN to employees but please signpost them to the Quick Start section of Civil Service Pensions website.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find electronic copies of the Employer Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on this website or by contacting MyCSP.