1) A new Civil Service Compensation Scheme has been introduced with effect from today, 9th November 2016 - An amendment scheme was laid before parliament on 8th November.
2) The key features of the changes to the CSCS terms are as follows;
3) With effect from today, Wednesday 9th November, Cabinet Office can accept applications for exit schemes under new CSCS terms and will endeavour to do so as quickly as possible. Application forms for the CSCS terms can be found within section 6 of the Employer Pension Guide. Employers should continue to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request approval of business cases;
4) Staff should not now be leaving on the previous (2010) CSCS terms unless they;
a) have already formally signed the agreement to leave and will exit the organisation before the end of December (for voluntary terms) or March (for compulsory terms), or;
b) have already received specific approval from the Cabinet Office.
5) The website is currently being updated with revised employer guidance/support materials including;
a) Annex 6f of the Employer Pension Guide
b) Updated Exit Scheme calculators
c) Updated What to Expect Guide
6) The partial buyout calculator is currently in development along with a ‘what to expect’ guide. A further EPN will be sent out in due course to update you on the progress.