To note that Margaret Edwards has been appointed as the Non Executive Chair of the Civil Service Pension Board (CSPB).
Immediate for information.
1. This EPN is to inform you that in October 2016, Margaret Edwards was appointed as the Non Executive Chair of the Civil Service Pension Board (CSPB), replacing Philip Rutnam (DFT Permanent Secretary), in a part time role for a three year period through an open and fair competition recruitment campaign.
2. The CSPB was created in 2010 and was the first such Board to be established in a public service pensions scheme. The Public Service Pensions Act 2013 put the CSPB on a formal legal footing from 1 April 2015.
3. The CSPB is responsible for assisting the Scheme Manager (the Minister for the Cabinet Office) in the effective administration of the Civil Service pension arrangements. The CSPB does this by advising, supporting and constructively challenging the Cabinet Office’s Civil Service Pensions Team.
4. Margaret’s other roles include: Chair of the National Oversight Group for High Secure Psychiatric services (NOG), Member of the Review Body on Senior Salaries and a Non-Executive Director for the Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA). From 2010 to 2015 she was a Vice President at McKesson, which is one of the largest health care companies in the world. In addition she has 25 years senior management experience in the NHS and UK Government.
5. Further information on the role of the Civil Service Pension Board (CSPB) can be found at: www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk/about-us/civil-service-pensions-board/.
6. The CSPB encourages feedback and comments from scheme members and employers. These can be made through the CSPB dedicated e-mail address CSPBoard@cabinetoffice.gov.uk.
7. If you require any further assistance on the content of this EPN please contact Scott Spencer, Secretariat to the Civil Service Pensions Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.