Action to be completed by 17 March 2017
1. In EPN 489 published on 17 February 2017 it was announced that Cabinet Office and Health Management Limited (HML) are offering training events for those who will be using HML’s SMA services.
2. You were asked to provide Cabinet Office with the contact details of the individual(s) within your organisation who are best placed to receive this training, this could be, but not limited to:
3. The response so far from employers has been low, only 25% of employers have signed up for the training. It is vital that all employers register for the training.
Please note: only those who attend the training will receive an access code which is a requirement when setting up log-ins to the online Portal. Without the access code, applications for ill health retirement or injury benefit may be delayed unnecessarily.
4. To reiterate, HML will be hosting a series of web-based seminars that your nominees will be able to access. We will shortly be confirming the dates and times of these. And we will send them via an EPN. Once you have registered for the training you will be able to confirm with HML your training preferences. Confirmation and log-in details will then be provided.
5. In addition to the training HML will provide fully detailed user guidance that takes users through the various stages of the online application process – from registering and receiving an access code and login, to being able to track cases, raise certain MI and receive the SMA’s advice.
Action for you to take now.
6. Please ensure that the appropriate person or persons register for the training by emailing the following details to the SMA Training mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further assistance on the content of this EPN please contact email@example.com
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information by contacting the Civil Service Pension Scheme.