- Finance managers
- To ensure that:
- all Civil Service pension contributions for the 2017-18 financial year are completed in the Contribution Schedule attached to this EPN;
- all Civil Service pension contributions are paid over by the 19th of the month; and
- the accompanying Contribution Schedule is provided when the payment is made and by no later than the 19th of the month.
1. You must pay pension contributions monthly, in arrears, by the 19th of the following month. You must also submit a pension contribution schedule. This deadline is a legal requirement and a condition of your Participation Agreement with the Cabinet Office. We may report you to the Pensions Regulator if you fail to pay contributions on time.
Please note: if you pay by BACs you will need to ensure that we receive the funds into our account by the 19th.
2. Please send details of your monthly contributions payment using the Contribution Schedule (attached to this EPN) as soon as you have made the payment. Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will enable us to identify and post the receipt to our accounts promptly.
Common Errors on Contribution Schedules and how to avoid them:
- Ensure that the Contribution Schedule total matches what has been paid;
- If possible, send a single total payment and do not split the payments down by scheme / payment type;
- Ensure that you do not combine payments for Pension Contributions and Early Retirement Bills;
- Ensure that you provide a separate Contribution Schedule for each department for which you are providing details;
- Ensure that you complete all the necessary highlighted yellow boxes as this makes it easier for us to process;
- For additional payments, you will need to complete an additional schedule that matches the separate payment to be made. Please ensure that you detail the month it relates to so we can process appropriately; and
- If you are paying a missed or additional payment together with a current month’s contribution, please provide two separate schedules.
If you require further assistance on the content of this EPN please email the Civil Service Pensions finance team as follows: email@example.com
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information on this website or by contacting MyCSP.