- Pension Leads and HR Managers
- Internal Communications Managers
- To note the period during which Annual Benefit Statements will be sent to members;
- To inform members about when they can expect to receive their statement;
- To review the Annual Benefit Statement pages on the Civil Service Pensions website and promote these to your members.
Distribution of Annual Benefit Statements (ABS)
Based on feedback from both employers and members during last year’s ABS exercise, we have made a number of improvements to the process.
This year, we will send statements to all eligible members from
12 July 2017 to 25 August 2017.
We will also send statements to both alpha and Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme members (classic, classic plus, premium and nuvos) at the same time.
Please be aware: to receive a 2017 ABS, members must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- They are an active member or active pensioner member; or
- They were an active member or active pensioner member of either the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme or alpha on 31 March 2017.
You as their employer must also have provided a record of pension contributions (or pensionable earnings for members of alpha or nuvos) for the 2016/17 scheme year.
In a further change this year, we will send all statements (excluding those for secure members) to members’ home addresses. This complies with the Disclosure of Information Regulations for Occupational and Personal Pension Schemes, which requires that information is sent to a person's last known postal address.
For more information please visit:
Support for members
ABS contain a lot of information. To help members, we have included a colour-coded Important Notes section at the back of the statement.
Questions from members
If members have a query about their 2017 statement, there are two courses of action.
- If a member has a query about their personal details (for example their date of birth, National Insurance number or address) they should contact their HR department or shared services centre.
- If a member has a query about their pension scheme information (for example their employment history, reckonable service, the date they joined, transfer in history, extra benefits), they should email it to us using the dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by post to:
Civil Service Pensions
PO Box 2017
Please note: members should include copies of any supporting documentation when contacting us.
Members will receive an auto response email confirming receipt of their query and we may contact them for more information, if required.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs please contact: email@example.com.
This notice is for employers only and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension, they should visit the Civil Service Pensions website or contact the Scheme Administrator.