- Pension Leads
- HR Managers
- Shared Service Suppliers
- The Civil Service Pensions print and distribution supplier has changed from St Ives to Opus Trust Marketing.
- We are also making changes to the process for ordering New Starter packs.
- These changes are due to go live immediately.
To support this transition, the following are in place:
- St Ives will automatically forward postal orders made before the 29 September 2017 to the Scheme Administrator to be processed.
- From 29 September, St Ives will issue an automated email response, reminding employers of the new process for placing orders.
- Orders placed using the previous process may result in a delay in the issuing of New Starter packs.
- Civil Service Pensions would like to apologise for the short notice in confirming these new arrangements and thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
- Note that the Civil Service Pensions print and distribution supplier has changed.
- Note the new process for ordering New Starter packs from 29 September 2017.
- Please ensure that people involved in administering the scheme in your organisation understand the New Starter pack ordering process.
This EPN replaces guidance previously published in MEM001 and MEM002.
Change of print supplier
1. The print and supply contract for Civil Service Pensions held by St Ives will end on 29 September 2017.
2. From the 29 September, Opus Trust Marketing Limited will be responsible for the print and distribution of all New Starter packs.
3. Due to the appointment of Opus Trust Marketing Limited, a number of changes have been made to the New Starter pack ordering process. Please familiarise yourself with the changes, which are detailed below.
4. This change is to ensure we have an accurate record of all pack requests.
Changes to the New Starter pack ordering process
The following changes come into effect from 29 September 2017.
5. We have replaced forms DRF2 and DRF3 with the New Starter Pack Request Spreadsheet, which you should use for all New Starter pack requests.
You can find the New Starter Pack Request Spreadsheet on our website here.
This introduction of the New Starter Pack Request Spreadsheet will remove the previous need to complete separate forms for individual and multiple orders.
The New Starter Pack Request Spreadsheet also includes a number of data validations to reduce the risk of incorrectly ordering packs.
The New Starter pack ordering process takes effect from 29 September 2017. However, we will continue to process orders made using DRF2 and DRF3 forms until 31 October 2017.
6. When ordering New Starter packs you will be required to return your completed New Starter Pack Request Spreadsheet directly to the Scheme Administrator, using the email address email@example.com.
If you are unable to email your order, you can post it to:
Civil Service Pensions
PO Box 2017
Important: Please remember to use a secure method when exchanging member information with the Scheme Administrator.
7. From 29 September 2017, you should direct all enquiries about New Starter packs to the Scheme Administrator, using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. We have outlined how the New Starter pack ordering process will work from 29 September 2017, below.
Employer issues a Letter of Appointment (or earlier communication as appropriate) to the member.
Employer requests individual or multiple New Starter packs by completing the New Starter Pack Request Spreadsheet and returning it directly to the Scheme Administrator.
The Scheme Administrator arranges for Opus Trust Marketing Limited to print and distribute a New Starter pack, using the address provided on the New Starter Pack Request Spreadsheet.
Opus Trust Marketing Limited will post the New Starter Pack by 2nd Class post within seven to ten working days of the Scheme Administrator receiving the order.
The member receives their New Starter Pack and returns the Pension Choices form to their employer, to ensure correct payroll deductions.
If you require further assistance regarding the content of this EPN, please contact email@example.com.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.