- Accounting officers
- Chief executive officers
- Finance directors
- Finance managers
- Pension leads
- We are currently undertaking a full content review of the Employer Pension Guide (EPG).
- The purpose of the review is to ensure that the content of the EPG is up-to-date. The EPG provides employers with an effective tool to help them meet their roles and responsibilities for the Civil Service Pension (CSP) arrangements.
- To be aware of which sections of the EPG are yet to be reviewed;
- To note the timescale of the review;
- To note the requirement to liaise with your Employer Relationship Management (ERM) for updates regarding the progress of the review.
1. We are currently conducting a full review of the Employer Pension Guide (EPG) to ensure that the content is up-to-date and that the guide fulfils its purpose to provide you, as the employer, with an effective tool to enable you to meet your roles and responsibilities for the Civil Service Pension (CSP) arrangements.
2. The following sections have recently been reviewed and are already up to date on the website:
- Section 8 – Compendia, payroll and data responsibilities
- Section 9 – Disputes, appeals and complaints
- Section 10 – Pensionable earnings
- Section 11 – Training and learning materials for you and your members
- Section 13 – Resource accounts disclosure 2017-18
The ongoing review will therefore incorporate the remaining sections:
- Section 1 – Introduction
- Section 2 – Roles and responsibilities
- Section 3 – Civil Service pension arrangements
- Section 4 – Your responsibilities when staff join
- Section 5 – Your responsibilities when staff are in service
- Section 6 – Your responsibilities when staff leave before pension age
- Section 7 – Your responsibilities when staff leave at or after pension age
- Section 12 – Compulsory bulk transfers of staff
3. For future updates we will be informing your ERM when each key area is live and available for you to use. You should liaise with your ERM if you require further information regarding the updates.
4. The estimated completion date for the review is April 2019. Once completed, the content will be maintained and updated as and when required.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find electronic copies of the Employer Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension, they can find information on this website or by contacting the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP).