- Pension leads
- HR managers
- Staff who submit requests for member services to the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP)
- Staff who manage a shared service or payroll provider and submit requests on an employer’s behalf
Please note: this EPN is limited to employers who use either a standard or a manual interface.
This EPN details the revised Leaver Notification process (for resignations only) that will take effect from 01 February 2019.
This EPN highlights the responsibilities of employers and shared services providers when reporting a leaver (resignations only) to the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) after the 01 February 2019.
From 01 February 2019, the Scheme Administrator will no longer require employers to provide a Request for Services (RFS) form when reporting a resignation. Please note: this change is limited to employers who use either a standard or a manual interface.
- Note the scope of these changes and the date when the RFS form will no longer be required for resignations.
- Understand your responsibilities when reporting a leaver (resignations only) to the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP).
- Ensure that you and your shared services provider supply accurate data to the Scheme Administrator to enable them to identify all resignations.
- From 1 February 2019.
1. From 01 February 2019, there will be a new Leaver Notification process for any employer who uses either a standard or a manual interface.
2. From 01 February 2019, employers that use a standard or a manual interface will not need to send a Request for Services (RFS) form to the Scheme Administrator when notifying them of a resignation.
3. We have piloted this change with three employers, including shared service provider SSCL. If you use a shared service provider, please inform them of this change.
4. You can stop sending RFS forms on or after the date of your next interface following 01 February 2019. For example, if you send an interface on the 14th of each month, you can stop sending RFS forms from 15 February 2019.
5. Please make sure that the information you provide on your interface is accurate and up to date. Please ensure all data validation failures (DVFs) are rectified in month to allow the Scheme Administrator to identify and process all leavers.
The following data items are essential to processing resignations via the monthly interface.
- Member’s name
- Member’s National Insurance number
- Member’s last day of service
- Member’s employer
- Leaver reason code – for resignations this is “5”
6. RFS forms will not be acknowledged or actioned once this project is live for those employers in scope.
7. Only information received via an employer interface will be acted upon for those employers in scope.
8. If you currently use the full or quarterly interface, please continue to provide the RFS form for resignations.
9. The Scheme Administrator will be running one-hour conference calls in January 2019 to give you the opportunity to ask any questions or clarify any issues. The dates of these sessions are:
- 17 January 2019 – 10:00am to 11:00am
- 17 January 2019 – 14:00pm to 15:00pm
- 22 January 2019 - 10:00am to 11:00am
- 22 January 2019 - 14:00pm to 15:00pm
If you would like to register for one of these sessions, please contact Rob.Hughes@mycsp.co.uk by 10 January 2019. Invitations will be issued in advance of these sessions. If you are based abroad, please confirm your interest and we will work with you to ensure you are able to join a session. The removal of leaver notification forms part of our overall programme of change to reduce the burden of administration on employers, which we anticipate will save employers a significant amount of time.
If you require further assistance on the content of this EPN, please contact the Programme Manager for this initiative Rob.Hughes@mycsp.co.uk
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact email@example.com. You can find electronic copies of the Employer Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on the Civil Service Pension Scheme website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension, they can find information on the Civil Service Pension Scheme website or by contacting the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP).