- HR managers
- Finance managers
- All staff involved in the preparation of Annual Reports and Accounts
- This EPN gives employers notice of the information the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) will require in an initial fact gathering exercise; and
- details the support that will be available to employers.
- To note the requirement to provide advance information to the Scheme Administrator (by 31 January 2019).
- To express any interest in training provided by the Scheme Administrator.
1. Each year, the Scheme Administrator provides employers with the pension information they need to complete Remuneration and Staff Reports about their most senior staff to include in their Annual Reports and Accounts. This EPN gives employers advance notice of what information they require in an initial fact gathering exercise, and the support available.
2. Initial fact gathering by the Scheme Administrator
To meet employers’ requirements and plan the timetable for producing pension information, the Scheme Administrator requires you to:
- list senior staff likely to be included in your 2018-19 Remuneration and Staff Report;
- confirm your accounting deadline dates.
To do this, please complete Annex 1, and return the completed document by 31 January 2019 to RADatareview2019@mycsp.co.uk
3. Employer workshops
Employer workshops will be available in March 2019. The workshops will:
- increase your technical knowledge of what the pension figures represent;
- outline the process, roles and responsibilities;
- provide an opportunity for you to ask questions;
- increase your awareness of how calculations are performed.
To attend a workshop, email email@example.com. The cost and dates of the training will be confirmed when you contact the training team.
4. Secure transfer of information
The Scheme Administrator and employers must comply with data protection requirements when sharing data. The Scheme Administrator’s primary method for transferring data is via a secure portal called the Connect portal. Connect is designed for the secure transfer of files and is Cabinet Office approved. If you do not have access to Connect, and want to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. Alternatively, you can share information securely with the Scheme Administrator using Winzip with AES encryption. This requires the recipient of the email and attachment to have the WinZip client, or a compatible application installed.
Please note: the “compressed folders” functionality in Windows cannot process encrypted files, so you are encouraged to ask your IT department for WinZip, or another suitable alternative.
6. Key dates for Resource Accounts 2018-19
EPN issued to invite employers to submit requests for data review of all board members and also to confirm deadline dates
31 January 2019
Deadline date for all employer requests to the Scheme Administrator relating to the data reconciliation stage
EPN issued to invite employers to request disclosure information for 2018/19
Processing of disclosure information in line with agreed deadline dates begins
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact email@example.com.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension, they can find information on this website or by contacting the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP).