Date posted: 18/11/2019
EPN updated on 17 December 2019
- HR managers
- Pension leads
- Any staff involved with the data cleanse project
- The Active Data Cleanse Project (Phase 2) started in October 2017, following the National Audit Office (NAO) report, which highlighted issues with the accuracy and completeness of member data
- The main two year project ended on the 31 October 2019
- The Wind Down to Closure (WDTC) phase began on 1 November 2019 and will run for approximately four to six months
- All employers will be included in the WDTC phase. Although some employers may not have data validation failures (DVFs) at this point, ongoing activity may create additional DVFs
- The Scheme Manager (Cabinet Office) will continue to cover the cost of this phase
- Any further cleanse requirements due to DVFs still not cleared after this phase, or recreated by employer interfaces or other activity, will be chargeable to employers.
Phase 2 (Active Member Data Cleanse)
- The current active cleanse project ended 31 October 2019.
- From the 01 November 2019, a four to six month extension for Phase 2 commenced to address remaining DVFs, plus the more complex ‘on-hold’ DVF cases.
Phase 3 (Deferred and Pensioner Data Cleanse)
- The Deferred and Pensioner cleanse will begin in early 2020 and will address 1.26 million DVFs.
- DVFs requiring employer input is expected to be less than 10% of the total volume.
- Further information on the confirmed start date for Phase 3 will be communicated once the procurement exercise has been completed and a successful bidder has been appointed.
- For the WDTC phase, employers will continue to have access to the ITM software solution - Precise, and will still be supported by ITM, the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) and Scheme Manager, in the same way as they have been previously.
- The data cleanse exercise for Deferred and Pensioner members records will commence following the current on-going procurement exercise. We anticipate launching the next phase in early 2020.
- Employers are requested to maintain resources required to undertake the necessary data cleanse activities and to fulfil the requirement to respond fully to all data quality issues identified within members’ records.
Support available to you
The precise system will hold updated employer DVF figures, however should you wish to know your department’s current DVF count at any time, please contact email@example.com
The Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) will also offer guidance and support where required.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find electronic copies of the Employers’ Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website http://www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk under ‘Employers’.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information at: