- Pension leads
- HR managers
- Communications managers / business partners / responsible for internal communications distribution
This EPN details the launch of an active member newsletter. The newsletter will include updates on current news such as the McCloud ruling, the move towards paperless (digital) communications and the promotion of the scheme website. The newsletter will also promote the pension portal - which members can use to check their ABS, change their personal details and use the pre-populated modeller to look at the retirement options available to them.
- To note the creation and distribution of the active member newsletter.
Immediately (distribution will commence to home address from mid-February 2020, and for secure members, to their office addresses from mid-February 2020)
Following feedback we have received at events such as Civil Service Live, Pension Awareness Week, focus groups (and other touch points with members), we have made the decision to increase our level of engagement with members. This newsletter is focussed primarily on raising member awareness of:
1. the scheme website; and
2. the self-service facility.
Both are integrated and will provide the member with a greater knowledge and understanding of their pension benefits, now and in the future, as well as empowering them to take control of their financial planning. We have presented the newsletter to member and employer focus groups as well as Trade Unions, who have all provided positive feedback and ensured the right message to members is included.
The newsletter contains the following topics:
- The Pension Portal: benefits of the portal, how members can register and log onto the portal, including where to find the access code.
- McCloud, an overview of the ruling and what is happening next.
- Reference to paperless Annual Benefit Statements and the options available to members.
- How members can ‘find it fast’ on the website using the help centre.
- An invite to complete a short member survey based on our digital offerings. A reminder to keep Death Benefit Nominations up to date and how members will shortly be able to do this online.
None of these subjects should cause any escalations, or cause any undue contact from your staff.
If you require any further assistance on the content of this EPN, please contact: email@example.com
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, or would like to receive them in a different format, please contact EPN@MyCSP.co.uk.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
Members can find information about their pension by visiting the member's section.