- HR Directors
- HR Managers
- Pension Leads
- Any staff involved with the sending of shared service or payroll provider interfaces to the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP)
- The Active Data Cleanse Project (Phase 2) started in October 2017, following the National Audit Office (NAO) report, which highlighted issues with the accuracy and completeness of member data.
- The Active Data Cleanse (part 2) project ended on the 31 October 2019.
- The Wind Down to Closure (WDTC) phase began on 01 November 2019 and will run until the end of March 2020.
- After the end of March 2020, any outstanding or recreated Data Validation failures (DVFs) for active, pensioner or deferred members and DVFs relating to pensioner or deferred members, will still need to be cleansed. The Precise portal will be shut down at the end of March 2020 when the project comes to an end. Employers will no longer have access to Precise.
- As the Active Data Cleanse closes, employers are reminded that there is an ongoing requirement to undertake any necessary data cleanse activity and to respond fully to all data quality issues identified within members' records.
- If any skilled staff need to be let go, employers must ensure that those skills and knowledge are transferred to the pensions team staff to ensure member data remains clean.
Phase 2 (Wind Down to Closure)
- The WDTC phase was an extension to the Active Cleanse, which began on 01 November 2019 to help employers with clearing the outstanding DVFs from Phase 2, addressing the complex and ‘on-hold’ cases.
- The WDTC phase will close at the end of March 2020.
We will review data items still remaining uncleansed at the end of the project and are in discussion with the Scheme Administrator to agree a solution to enable employers to resolve these.
Deferred and Pensioner Data Cleanse
Within the deferred and pensioner member cleanse there are between 20,000 to 60,000 DVFs that require employer participation to cleanse. Given the relatively small number that require employer participation, compared with the circa 1.26m DVFs that were in scope for the active member cleanse, we do not feel that it is cost effective to launch a full project with employers to cleanse these items.
As with the residual active member DVFs described above, Cabinet Office are in discussion with the Scheme Administrator to agree a solution to work with you to resolve these. Further information will be provided to you once discussions with Scheme Administrator are concluded.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, or would like to receive them in a different format, please contact EPN@MyCSP.co.uk.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
Members can find information about their pension by visiting the member's section.