Date posted: 18/02/2021
- Pension leads
- HR managers
- Communication managers and business partners responsible for internal communication distribution
- To note the date of three 'Live@lunch' sessions in April
- To signpost members to the Scheme website to book their places
- To work alongside your internal communication teams, facilities management, or IT teams to co-ordinate the promotion of Live@lunch
- We are pleased to announce that due to popular demand, our pension engagement event, Live@lunch, will return in April, 2021.
What is Live@lunch?
- Live@lunch is a series of 45-minute, live webinars, that members can access using their computer, laptop, tablet or mobile.
- Each Live@lunch session covers a key pension topic and is hosted by a pensions expert. The sessions are fully interactive meaning members can ask our experts any burning questions they may have. In addition, we will be providing FAQs on the most popular subjects, once all the sessions are completed.
- To support members who may be unable to attend the live sessions, we’ll also be hosting a video of each Live@lunch session on the scheme website for members to catch up on after the events. We’ll also ensure that all videos are posted with subtitles.
- Following the first Live@lunch events during Pension Awareness Week (PAW), we surveyed the 5000 members who had attended. In response to the question “would you like us to host more Live@lunch?” 97.3% answered ‘yes’.
- People who attended the Live@lunch also had the following to say:
“This was a great way to get information over to staff who would otherwise struggle to understand their pensions. Can we please have more of these types of live sessions? A big thank you to everyone involved :)”
“This was brilliant thank you - excellent pace enabled me to take notes and to plan research on my pension. Will be recommending this to colleagues.”
“I found them really useful with very informative speakers who explained things very clearly and helpfully which gave me a better understanding of things, and also made me aware of things I didn't know like the Portal, calculator, app etc. Many thanks and I look forward to attending more Live@lunch virtual sessions as I wouldn't be able to attend any sessions in person normally so it gave me and many others a chance to attend.”
Upcoming Live@lunch events
- As a result of the positive feedback, we’ll be putting on more Live@lunch events during 2021, beginning in April when the following sessions will be on the menu:
Tuesday, 13 April - Getting the Basics Right.
A wide-ranging overview covering all key life events. If you’re new to the scheme and want to understand the value of your benefits or if you’re simply more ‘clueless’ than ‘clued up’, this is the session for you.
In 45 minutes, we’ll tell you what you need to know about your benefits, how they work, how you can manage them throughout your career and the key activities that will keep you informed and up to date.
Wednesday, 14 April - Pensions in a Pandemic
If the pandemic (or any life event) has resulted in a change to your working pattern, do you know how that may impact your pension? No? Then this session will show you how, with real life examples of scheme members who’ve had to navigate managing their career whilst home schooling and taking care of their loved ones.
Thursday, 15 April - 2015 Remedy Programme Update
As you may have read on the dedicated pages of the scheme website, all members of Civil Service pensions who continue in service from 1 April 2022 onwards will do so as members of alpha.
classic, classic plus, premium and nuvos will be closed in relation to service after 31 March 2022. What’s more, it’s also been decided that eligible members will receive a choice at retirement of which pension scheme benefits they’d prefer to take for the period from 2015 to 2022. Does this affect you? If so, tune into our 2015 session to find out more.
- We rely on the help and support of employers to promote member engagement activity and to ensure that members have the opportunity to attend.
- We would encourage you to organise for the display and promotion in your organisation of Live@lunch.
- To help you, we’ve produced a digital pack of marketing collateral (zip file )attached to this EPN. The pack contains an email footer and posters, in both portrait and landscape format.
- We are working with the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) and a third-party organisation to deliver Live@lunch 2021. As a result, you may have been contacted by email to determine if your staff can access the dedicated registration and streaming platform. If so, and you haven’t done so already, please provide confirmation that you can access the platforms as instructed in the email.
How to book a place
- Registration is easy. Members who wish to book their place at Live@lunch sessions should visit the dedicated Live@lunch 2021 page on the scheme website
- From here, they’ll be able to access the dedicated registration page. The booking process is easy and only takes a few minutes. Once registered, members will receive an auto email and will have the option to add the appointment to their online calendar, which we advise they add to remind them closer to the event. Members will also receive a reminder email 24 hours before the event(s).
- For more information about Live@lunch please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, or would like to receive them in a different format, please contact EPN@MyCSP.co.uk.
You can find electronic copies of the Employer Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms in the Employer section of the Civil Service Pensions website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
Members can find information about their pension by visiting the member's section.