- HR managers
- Payroll managers
- Pension leads
- Communication managers/leads/business partners
- Internal communication managers/business partners
- To work with your payroll provider to ensure that changes to employee salary thresholds can be applied from 1 April 2021.
- To consider communicating the table of new salary thresholds to your employees.
- You should commence work immediately with your payroll provider about preparations to implement the new salary thresholds.
Changes to salary thresholds:
- Member contribution rates and salary thresholds from 1 April 2021 are set out in the table below. The figures in brackets show the 2020/21 salary thresholds, and member contribution rates are unchanged.
Table 1 - Employee pension contribution rates in 2020/21 and 2021/22
|Annualised rate of pensionable earnings||Employee contribution rate|
|£23,101 (£22,601)||£56,000 (£54,900)||5.45%|
- Salary bands and contribution rates for employer contributions in 2021/22 will remain unchanged from their 2020/21 values.
For more information, contact Charlotte Simonds from the Civil Service Pensions team email@example.com
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, or would like to receive them in a different format, please contact EPN@MyCSP.co.uk.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
Members can find information about their pension by visiting the member's section.