- Managers with staff recruitment responsibilities.
- Managers with pension eligibility responsibilities.
- Read the revised section 4.1.38 of the Employer Pension Guide (EPG) which details the New Joiner process changes.
- Delete/archive any local versions of the New Joiner Tool and download the new version from the Employers Forms page.
- Ability to issue Starter Packs direct to members via an email generated from the New Joiner Tool.
- Consider where you would like members to email their pension choices form to.
- Understand where to go for support if you have any queries.
- As part of continuous improvement efforts, we have completed a review of the New Joiner Process. We engaged with key stakeholders including: Employers, Government Recruitment Services and Shared Services. We focused on one of the biggest pain points, which was the time it takes members to receive their Civil Service Pension Scheme Starter Pack.
- To help with this challenge, we have amended the New Joiner Tool, so Employers or designated authorities who have responsibility for determining pension scheme eligibility are able to issue a Starter Pack direct to members via an email.
- In addition, due to Covid working, we have made the Pension Choices Form editable, so it can be completed electronically and emailed back to Employers or Shared Services.
- Please note: the Scheme eligibility and enrolment criteria remains the same.
- As is the current process members complete the New Joiner Questionnaire and Employers (or those with delegated authority) use this information to input information into the New Joiner Tool to determine which scheme the member is eligible to join.
- From there, an option will be available to generate an email which will create the content. This can then be emailed to the member, so they can make a choice of which scheme they wish to be in.
- We ask that you do not change the wording within the email, with the exception of updating the employee name, and editing where the electronic form should be emailed to.
- The email solution will work for Employers who use Microsoft and Google Mail systems.
- For Google Mail users, you may have to make a change to your web-browser, or, if you do not have access, request a configuration change from your IT support team. The configuration options can be found in Appendix A.
- In the event that you are unable to make the configuration changes and/or the email does not generate, a ‘Copy Text’ function is available, so you can cut and paste the content into an email.
- If you are having any issues with the tool or emailing the ‘Starter Packs’ you can email your query to email@example.com who will deal with your request.
In the meantime, if you have a question about anything contained in this EPN please contact your Employer Relationship Manager who will be able to help you. If you do not know who your ERM is you can email the generic ERM mailbox using ERMExternalMailbox@mycsp.co.uk
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, or would like to receive them in a different format, please contact EPN@MyCSP.co.uk.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
Members can find information about their pension by visiting the member's section.