- Pension leads
- HR managers
- Communications managers/business partners/responsible for internal communications distribution
- To note the date of Pension Awareness Week (PAW) 2021 and the ‘Live@Lunch’ sessions.
- Working alongside your internal communications teams, facilities management and IT, co-ordinate promotion of PAW in your organisation.
- To organise for the display of the campaign materials (attached to this EPN) on your organisation’s digital channels (intranet, social media such as yammer, digital displays etc) via yourself or your internal contacts (such as internal communications teams, facilities management, or IT) or where appropriate to display them in offices for staff to see.
- Each year, Civil Service Pensions delivers a five-day engagement event called Pension Awareness Week (PAW).
- PAW provides an opportunity for members to engage with their Civil Service pension, supporting one of the scheme’s goals of ensuring members value and understand their Civil Service pension and are actively planning for their retirement.
- As part of PAW, members are invited to take part in our live pensions webinar, Live@Lunch, delivered by pensions experts.
- This event supplements any activity you may already have planned for Pension Awareness Week.
About Pension Awareness Week
1. Pension Awareness Week (PAW) is a five-day long opportunity to raise awareness of pensions and help members to plan for their financial future.
2. This year’s PAW will take place from Monday 13 to Friday 17 September.
3. PAW is designed to raise awareness of the Civil Service Pension scheme and help members to value and understand their pension and plan for their retirement.
4. Each day of PAW will have its own theme, which we’ll be promoting on the PAW page on the Civil Service Pensions website.
5. As part of PAW, members are invited to take part in a live pensions webinar, called Live@Lunch, which is delivered by pensions experts. The themes of Live@Lunch sessions are:
- Day one – New Joiners
- Day two – The 2015 Remedy (McCloud) programme
- Day three – Take a Mid-Life MOT
- Day four – The 2015 Remedy (McCloud) programme
- Day five – Retirement
More details about these sessions can be found on each session’s dedicated registration page (see point eight).
6. Live@Lunch sessions will start at 12pm each day and last for sixty minutes.
7. Live@Lunch sessions will be hosted by pension experts from the Scheme Manager and Scheme Administrator, and during each session members will have an opportunity to submit questions to the panel. Due to the number of attendees, we will not be able to answer every question. Only the most upvoted questions relevant to the session will be submitted to the panel.
How to book a place at Live@Lunch
8. Live@Lunch sessions are free to attend for civil servants, but places are limited. To avoid disappointment, we’d advise registering to attend as soon as possible. To do this, simply visit the dedicated registration page for the session or sessions members wish to attend and click the ‘Book Your Place’ tab at the top of the page.
|Monday, 13 September - New Joiners||https://www.eventsforce.net/dods/9201/home|
|Tuesday, 14 September - 2015 Remedy (McCloud)||https://www.eventsforce.net/dods/9202/home|
|Wednesday, 15 September - Mid-Life MOT||https://www.eventsforce.net/dods/9204/home|
|Thursday, 16 September - 2015 Remedy (McCloud)||https://www.eventsforce.net/dods/9203/home|
|Friday, 17 September - Retirement||https://www.eventsforce.net/dods/9205/home|
9. Once registered, members will receive an email confirmation and a calendar invitation. Places are limited, so if a member is unable to attend or wishes to change their booking please let us know as soon as possible by contacting the Dods Customer Service Team:
t: +44 (0)20 7593 5500
10. A ‘catch up’ video of each Live@Lunch session will be made available on the scheme website after the events for anybody that was unable to attend the live events.
11. Please promote PAW 2021 in your organisation. We would encourage you to use the marketing collateral attached to this EPN and organise for the display and promotion of Live@Lunch sessions.
12. For more information about PAW, contact PAW@mycsp.co.uk
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, or would like to receive them in a different format, please contact EPN@MyCSP.co.uk.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
Members can find information about their pension by visiting the member's section.