- Pension leads
- HR managers
- Communications managers/business partners/responsible for internal communications distribution
- To note the date of Pension Awareness Week (PAW) 2022 and webinar sessions.
- Working alongside your internal communications teams, facilities management and IT, co-ordinate promotion of PAW in your organisation.
- To organise for the display of the campaign materials (attached to this EPN) on your organisation’s digital channels (intranet, social media such as yammer, digital displays etc.) via yourself or your internal communications teams, facilities management, or IT leads.
- Each year, Civil Service Pensions delivers a five-day engagement event called Pension Awareness Week (PAW).
- PAW provides an opportunity for members to engage with their Civil Service pension - supporting one of the scheme’s goals of ensuring members value and understand their Civil Service pension and are actively planning for their retirement.
- As part of PAW, members are invited to take part in a live pensions webinar delivered by pensions experts.
- This event supplements any activity you may already have planned for Pension Awareness Week.
About Pension Awareness Week
- Pension Awareness Week (PAW) is an opportunity to raise awareness of pensions and help members to plan for their financial future.
- This year, PAW will take place from Monday 12 to Friday 16 September.
- PAW is designed to raise awareness of the Civil Service Pension scheme and help members to value and understand their pension and plan for their retirement. PAW has something for everyone - and with free webinars, discussion, demonstrations and signposting to information and personalised support, it’s a great way for members to pay more attention to their pension.
- As part of PAW, each day members are invited to take part in a live pensions webinar. The themes of Live@Lunch sessions are listed below. To find out more about each one, click the link.
Day 1: Understanding the 2015 Remedy
Day 2: Get Ready for Retirement
Day 3: Building on the Basics
Day 4: How to Boost Your Benefits
Day 5: A Beginner’s Guide to Benefit Statements
- Webinars will start at 12pm each day and last for sixty minutes. Each one will be hosted by pension experts from the Scheme Manager and Scheme Administrator.
Book your place on a webinar now
- Webinars are free to attend to civil servants, but places are limited. To avoid disappointment, we’d advise registering to attend as soon as possible.
- To book place a place, members will need to go to the dedicated registration page and click a session title at the top or bottom of the page. Once on the dedicated session page, they will need to click 'Book Now'. Members will need to do this for each session they wish to attend.
- Once registered, members will receive an email confirmation and a calendar invitation. Places are limited, so if a member is unable to attend or wishes to change their booking they should contact Dods Customer Service Team:
t: +44 (0)20 7593 5500
- A further reminder email will be sent closer to the event which will containing joining instructions.
- A ‘catch up’ video of the webinars will be made available on the scheme website after the events for anybody that was unable to attend.
- Please promote PAW 2022 in your organisation. We would encourage you to use the marketing collateral attached to this EPN.
- For more information about PAW, contact PAW@mycsp.co.uk
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, or would like to receive them in a different format, please contact EPN@MyCSP.co.uk.
You can find electronic copies of the Employer Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms in the Employer section of the Civil Service Pensions website.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
Members can find information about their pension by visiting the member's section.