- Pension leads
- Payroll managers
- HR managers
- Any staff who either submits, or manages a shared service or payroll provider who submit, monthly interfaces, and end of year data to the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP)
This is an update to EPN655 – Data Interface Transfer Methods.
- As the employer, you are responsible for your payroll/payroll provider passing accurate and timely information to the Scheme Administrator by means of an electronic interface.
- All payroll interface data must be transferred to the Scheme Administrator by an approved secure method.
- To ensure that your payroll interface data is transferred to the Scheme Administrator by a secure method.
- To ensure that you are using one of the secure file and data transfer methods listed below.
- To ensure you start to transfer data using a secure file and data transfer method, on or before the deadline of 31 January 2023.
- Based on the assessment and recommendations of the Commercial Information Assurance Team and the National Cyber Security Centre we have undertaken a review of the current transfer methods and are increasing the security protocols around the provision of data to the Scheme Administrator. This will strengthen the robust measures already in place.
- All new employers joining the scheme are being instructed to adopt recognised secure methods of data transfer. This will predominantly be New Fair Deal employers.
- Employers are being instructed that when changing payroll providers, transfer of interface data must comply with the agreed data transfer protocols if they are not already being used.
You must ensure you transfer data using a secure file transfer method. This needs to be implemented before 31st January 2023.
- The recommended secure transfer file methods are:
- Connect (this is the Scheme Administrator’s solution and approved by Cabinet Office’s Security Working Group)
Please note: these are just some examples already in use and are by no means exhaustive. If you have an alternative secure file transfer solution it may be considered.
- It is likely that a mandate to adopt recognised secure methods of data transfer will be introduced in 2023 and form part of the Annual Assurance process thereafter.
- The Scheme Administrator will offer guidance and support where required. If you have any questions please contact Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact email@example.com.
You can find electronic copies of the Employers’ Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk under ‘Employers’.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information at: