Date posted: 01/10/2005
This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR Managers with responsibility for communicating information to staff
Action: To issue the enclosed Office Notice as soon as possible
- Pension reform consultation update. In December 2004 we published proposals to change the existing Civil Service pension arrangements under cover of EPN114. The public consultation closed on 4 March 2005.
- Discussions to agree a common set of principles on reform for all public service pension schemes have been taking place since then through special sessions of the Public Services Forum (PSF), chaired by Alan Johnson. These discussions have focused in particular on the proposed move to pension age 65.
- We last updated you on this in August through a joint statement with the Council for Civil Service Unions (CCSU) issued via EPN127.
- Following the meeting held on 18 October the PSF has issued an agreed set of principles.
- We have agreed a further joint statement with the CCSU to update staff. This statement is attached at Annex A. Please issue the joint statement to your staff as soon as possible. We recommend that you refer to the earlier notice issued in August. As the wording has been agreed jointly with the CCSU it should not be amended other than to insert the date and reference of the previous notice.
This document refers to EPN114, 127 HRD Letters Main and Small (37)05; NDPB(17)05 and Agency Chief Executives.
Enquiries about content, distribution or to receive in a different format
Employer Helpdesk, Civil Service Pensions, Grosvenor House, Basing ViewBasingstoke, RG21 4HG