Date posted: 01/08/2010
- Staff responsible for referring cases to the Scheme Medical Adviser
- Occupational Health providers
- Staff responsible for paying the Scheme Medical Adviser
Action: To note revisions to order forms APP 1, EPPA 1, CSIBS 1 and CSIBS 2 and minor revisions to forms IHR 1 and IHR 2 for referrals to the Scheme Medical Adviser.
Timing: You can use the revised order forms immediately but you must use them from 1 October 2010.
- You must use the revised order forms for referrals to the Scheme Medical Adviser from 1 October 2010. You can use them immediately if practicable. The Scheme Medical Adviser will process any case received on an old form that is signed and dated by the employee/member before 1 November 2010 to allow some leeway. Any case received on an old form that is signed and dated by the employee/member on or after 1 November 2010 will be returned and you will need to re-submit the case using the new form.
- The forms have been revised to meet the requirements of new confidentiality rules introduced by the General Medical Council that set standards for doctors and others who work in the medical profession. The revisions are explained below.
- A new page entitled ‘Advance Release of Report Guidelines’ has been inserted in the section for members to complete on forms APP 1, EPPA 1, CSIBS 1 and CSIBS 2. This new page advises members that they will receive a copy of the report that Capita Health Solutions produce after they have made their assessment of a case, at the same time that it is issued to employers. Members also have the option of requesting an advance copy of the report a few days before it is sent to their employer, or requesting not to be sent a copy of the report. The notes on the new page give more details of what this change entails.
- The page entitled ‘Advance Release of Report Guidelines’ was already inserted on forms IHR 1 and IHR 2 from 1 July 2010 (see EPN277), but a minor revision has been made to wording on this page to make it clearer when the period of ‘5 working days’ starts.
Enquiries about content, distribution or to receive in a different format
My Civil Service Pension