Date posted: 01/02/2013
This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR Managers
- Internal Communication Managers
- To note the slide pack at Annex A which employers should use to update staff on Civil Service pension reform and the next increase in contributions
- To note Annex B January 2013 letter from Sir Bob Kerslake
This notice is from the Cabinet Office, Scheme Management Executive
- Civil Service Pension Reform
EPN 338 explained that the Government concluded that it had enough support to proceed with implementation of Civil Service pension reform. Attached to that EPN was a slide pack for employers to use as a tool to support their communications. EPN 347 announced the further employee increase to be implemented in April 2013.
- At Annex A to this EPN is an updated slide pack for employers to use to communicate to staff details of the further increased contributions and give an update on Pension Reform. Employers may choose the most appropriate method of communicating this information to their staff. Employers are free to change the formatting of the slides but any amendments or additions to any of the points of substance must be cleared through Civil Service Reform.
- At Annex B is a copy of Sir Bob Kerslake’s January 2013 letter to Civil Service employees announcing the further increased employee contributions. Non-Civil Service employers may find it helpful to see this letter.
EPNs 338 and 347
Enquiries regarding content please refer to Pension Policy
You can find electronic copies of the Employers’ Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website.
Enquiries regarding distribution or to receive in a different format
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have any queries about their scheme, you should direct them to your MyCSP Pension Service Centre for information.