Date posted: 01/04/2013
This Notice will be of particular interest to:
- HR Managers
- HR Staff dealing with pensions queries
- To issue the attached follow up notice to scheme members about the increase in member contributions to scheme members via your intranet
- Please issue the attached follow up notice by 15 April
- The Cabinet Office has amended the rules of the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme to allow the increased deduction of the extra employee pension contributions. This means that the employers are legally obliged to deduct the extra contributions from salary in April 2013. EPN 328 gave employers a call script that reflects the changes to the scheme rules which should be used to help your teams respond to questions staff may have.
- As advised in EPN 355, we arranged for MyCSP with St Ives to distribute a letter about the further increase in contribution rates to all scheme members. The mailing is now complete and, depending on the postal system all letters should now be delivered.
- We anticipate that some letters may not be deliverable if the address is incomplete or the member has not provided up to date information. So that all staff may have access to the letter, we ask you to make the enclosed notice available to members through your usual communication route including your intranet.
- When considering how best to publicise the enclosed notice, you must liaise with your Head of Internal Communications. Employers must also ensure they share the note with their shared services or the first point of HR contact for their staff. Please note that you will need to insert appropriate information (if applicable) and contact details into the notice.
EPNs 328 and 355
Enquiries regarding content please refer to Scheme Management Executive SMEemployers@cabinet-office.gsi.gov.uk
You can find electronic copies of the Employers’ Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website.
This EPN notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have any queries about their scheme, you should direct them to the Civil Service Pensions website or to your Pension Service Centre for information.
Enquiries regarding distribution or to receive in a different format