Audience: This notice will be of interest to: All recipients
Action: Direct your workforce to the 2015 member communications material that will be published on the new Civil Service Pensions website on 31 July 2014, and familiarise yourself with the website.
Timing: As soon as possible after 31 July
New 2015 member communications material
- The latest member communications material about the 2015 pension changes will be published on the new scheme website on 31 July 2014.
- You must direct your workforce to the new online information from 31 July 2014 onwards. Please note that you should not undertake any internal communications activity before this date, because the new website will not be ‘live’ until 31 July.
- We recognise that not all employees have access to a PC, so we have published the communications in formats that are easy to print off if required.
- Please note that the new material formally announces the new pension scheme name – alpha.
- It is important that your workforce reads the latest information to help them understand what the 2015 changes will mean for them. The products are:
- A Pension Changes Update e-bulletin, which explains the Options Exercise and 2015 contribution arrangements;
- ‘An introduction to alpha’ slide pack, which explains the key features and benefits of the new scheme; and
- An Options Exercise slide pack to explain the Options Exercise, and who will take part in it, in more detail.
- You may wish to use the suggested message at Annex A in your internal communications to direct your workforce to the latest 2015 information and new website.
New scheme website launch
- The new pension scheme website will go live on 31 July 2014. It will build on and improve the information provided currently on the Civil Service website.
- The new website will make it quicker and easier for you and your workforce to navigate and find key information about the scheme. You should familiarise yourself with the new website.
- As explained in EPN388, you need to replace any references to the current website with links to the new website address: www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk. Please note that this link will not work until 31 July 2014.
- An ‘automatic redirect’ from the current site to the new one will be put in place, which means that if you or a member of staff use a link to the ‘old’ site then you will be taken automatically to the new website homepage instead.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact firstname.lastname@example.org.