1. Each year we issue Annual Benefit Statements (ABS) and Pension Savings Statements (PSS) to all eligible scheme members. We call this the Annual Statements exercise.
2. We will begin the distribution of both ABS and PSS in June 2019. The distribution of ABS will be complete by 31 August 2019, and the distribution of PSS will be complete by 06 October 2019. However, to ensure employers and members have the maximum time available to make any necessary arrangements, we will plan to distribute PSS, where possible, by 31 August 2019.
Members’ home addresses
3. We issue Annual Statements to members’ home addresses (excluding those for secure members or employers who have agreed alternative arrangements). This complies with the Occupational and Personal Pension Schemes (Disclosure of Information) Regulations 2013, Part 9, Regulation 26. More information about Disclosure of Information regulations can be found using this link: www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/2734/regulation/26
4. You must ensure that you provide the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) with up-to-date information about members’ home addresses prior to the start of statement distribution. Changes to home addresses can be made via your monthly interface, up to the delivery of your April submission, which will be expected on your agreed scheduled submission date in May 2019. Please direct any queries you may have about the delivery of your monthly interface to email@example.com .
Pension tax support for members
6. The Scheme Administrator can offer group and/or one-to-one pension tax awareness sessions to employees who receive a PSS. However, should you wish to source your own provider, you are welcome to do so.
In line with previous years, if you are a Civil Service employer, you are required to fund sessions offered. If you are not a Civil Service employer, you are not obligated to provide these sessions but are encouraged to do so. We advise you to make the appropriate funding available to enable the provision of these sessions for your employees. These sessions are important as they help members to understand if they have a tax liability and what action they must take. For more information about these sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. There are strict HMRC timescales for employees who have a tax liability to pay. You should, therefore, plan tax awareness sessions in advance to enable employees to have enough time to make the necessary arrangements. To assist you with this planning, we will provide you with an indicative list of employees who will receive a PSS, as soon as possible, following the successful closure of payroll year-end and receipt of five-day data. For more information on payroll closure and interface requirements, please see EPN569.
8. For more information about the cost of one-to-one tax sessions, and how to book them please refer to Annex A, or contact email@example.com.
Pension tax support for employers
9. The Scheme Administrator can offer you help with providing support to your employees who receive a PSS. Employer PSS sessions will take place during July 2019 and are open to all employers and are free to attend. The sessions cover the calculation of Annual and Lifetime Allowance, how to book tax awareness sessions and actions required by employers and members.
For more information, or to book your place, visit
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.