- HR managers
- Finance managers
- All staff involved in the preparation of Annual Reports and Accounts
This EPN gives employers notice of the information the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) requires in an initial fact gathering exercise and highlights the support available to employers.
- To note the requirement to provide advance information to the Scheme Administrator by 31 January 2020
- To express any interest in the Resource Accounting Disclosure training provided by the Scheme Administrator
1. Each year, the Scheme Administrator provides employers with the pension information they need to complete Remuneration and Staff Reports about their most senior staff to include in their Annual Reports and Accounts. This EPN gives employers advance notice of what information they require in an initial fact gathering exercise, and the support available.
2.Initial fact gathering by the Scheme Administrator
To meet employers’ requirements and plan the timetable for producing pension information, the Scheme Administrator requires you to do the following.
- List senior staff likely to be included in your 2019-20 Remuneration and Staff Report.
- Confirm your accounting deadline dates.
- Liaise with your payroll provider to ensure the Scheme Administrator will receive your March 2020 interface no more than two working days before or after your agreed submission date. You will need to ensure that this aligns with your proposed deadline for receiving the pension information from the Scheme Administrator.
Please note: pension information cannot be produced before the March 2020 interface has been processed by the Scheme Administrator.
To do this, please complete Annex 1, and return the completed document by 31 January 2019 to RADatareview2020@mycsp.co.uk
Guidance sessions for staff in HR, payroll and finance likely to be involved in preparing the pensions information of the Annual Resource Accounts exercise will be available in March 2020. These sessions will:
- increase your technical knowledge of what the pension figures represent;
- outline the process and respective roles and responsibilities;
- provide an opportunity for you to ask questions; and
- increase your awareness of how the calculations are performed.
For costs, dates and locations of sessions, please visit the MyCSP Civil Service Pension Scheme Employer Training webpage.
4. Secure transfer of information
The Scheme Administrator and employers must comply with data protection requirements when sharing data. The Scheme Administrator’s primary method for transferring data is via a secure portal called Connect. Connect is designed for the secure transfer of files and is Cabinet Office approved. If you do not have access to Connect, and want to find out more, please email email@example.com
5. Alternatively, you can share information securely with the Scheme Administrator using Winzip with AES encryption. This requires the recipient of the email and attachment to have the WinZip client, or a compatible application installed.
Please note: the “compressed folders” functionality in Windows cannot process encrypted files, so you are encouraged to ask your IT department for WinZip or a suitable alternative.
6. Key dates for Resource Accounts 2019-20
EPN issued to invite employers to submit requests identifying all board members and also to confirm deadline dates
31 January 2020
Deadline date for all employer requests to the Scheme Administrator relating to the data reconciliation stage
EPN issued to invite employers to request disclosure information for 2019/20
Processing of disclosure information in line with agreed deadline dates begins
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact EPN@MyCSP.co.uk
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension, they can find information on this website or by contacting the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP).