1. Pension Awareness Week is a week-long opportunity to raise awareness of pensions and help members to plan for their financial future.
2. Beginning on Monday 14 and finishing on Friday, 18 September, PAW is designed to raise awareness of the Civil Service pension scheme and help members to value and understand their pension and plan for their retirement.
3. Each day of PAW is themed to raise awareness of the digital services currently available to scheme members and to prompt them to take action. For example; to take time to visit the scheme website; register for the Pension Portal, book a Pension Power session, or use the retirement modeller.
4. This year’s daily PAW themes are:
5. In addition to these themed days, we’ll also be hosting Live@Lunch sessions.
6. Live@Lunch sessions will start at 12pm each day and last for forty-five minutes.
7. Sessions will be hosted by pension experts from the Scheme Manager and Scheme Administrator, and during each session members will have an opportunity to learn about a key Civil Service pension scheme topic.
8. Each session will comprise a short video, followed by a Q&A session.
9. Live@Lunch themes are:
10. Live@Lunch sessions will be hosted via the Microsoft Teams platform.
11. Attendee numbers will be capped, so places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
12. Members interested in attending Live@Lunch sessions should be signposted to the dedicated PAW page on the scheme website for more information.
13. Here, members can register to attend sessions and submit any questions they have on the session’s theme. A selection of frequently asked questions will be discussed during the sessions.
14. Members will be asked to provide their name, employer’s name, and their work email address when registering for Live@Lunch.
15. Once registered, members will receive an email containing a link to access Live@Lunch sessions. Emails will be issued on the morning of each session. Please note: members are asked not to share links, to ensure the best possible experience for members.
16. A video of each Live@Lunch session will be made available on the scheme website.
17. These videos will be hosted on YouTube, therefore, if members experience issues accessing the videos via their work computers and laptops, they should be advised to access them via their personal computers, laptops, mobiles and tablets.
18. We need your help to promote PAW 2020 in your organisation.
19. We would encourage you to organise for the display and promotion of each day and each Live@Lunch session via yourself or your internal contacts.
20. Please use the marketing collateral attached to this EPN below. The pack contains an email footer and flyer for each day, information regarding the Live@Lunch sessions and PAW and Live@Lunch logos to use separately.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, or would like to receive them in a different format, please contact EPN@mycsp.co.uk
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
Members can find information about their pension by visiting the member's section.