- Pension leads
- HR managers
In light of the on-going situation with COVID-19, we are unable to host the Regional Employer Forums (REFs) in Spring this year in the usual manner.
However, we are mindful that the forums provide employers with vital scheme information. As such, we have reproduced the most relevant sections of the REFs as a handy video that you can watch at your own leisure.
We will also host two live Q&A sessions on 5 and 12 May, from 12-1pm. We will be using Microsoft Teams as the platform, which will offer access via web and telephone.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions on the day but you can also submit them via Slido using the code REF21, ahead of time. We will do our best to answer all questions, however if your question is urgent or not answered on the day, please contact your ERM in the first instance, or email ERMExternalMailbox@mycsp.co.uk
- Watch the REF video, and take action where needed.
- If you have any questions, submit them via Slido using the code REF21.
- Answer the multiple-choice question on Slido as to how you would prefer to attend the REF in Autumn, and fill out the short survey on Slido, once you have watched the video.
1. Over the last five years, we have held Regional Employer Forums (REFs) face-to-face at least twice a year. They have proved to be valuable and insightful meetings for meaningful two-way discussions between all parties involved in the Civil Service pension scheme. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are still in a position where we are unable to meet face to face. However, the messages remain relevant enough to be delivered and we started our ‘video on demand REFs’ last Spring.
2. This is a new chapter in the evolution of the REFs and will hopefully be just as useful to you digitally, as it is in person.
3. The video is reasonably brief at 35 minutes. However, it does cover several key areas that we know are important to you including:
- 2015 Remedy Programme (McCloud)
- On Your Radar
- Employer and Member Engagement
- Data Cleanse
- Digital Developments
4. Please watch the REF video and ensure that you act where required. The link to the video is included in the email which accompanied this EPN.
5. This video is hosted on YouTube. If YouTube is blocked within your department or you’re unable to view the video, please contact your IT department.
6. Please submit any questions or comments you have to Slido using the code REF21 – we will aim to have these answered at our live Q&A session in May. We also have a short survey on Slido in which we can measure feedback and act accordingly. A key part of this is whether you’d like to attend a physical REF later this year (if we can host you safely). We would be grateful if you could fill the survey in.
7. We will be hosting two live Q&A sessions in May, on 05 May and 12 May from 12-1pm. We will have our SMEs attending to help answer your questions. Please register your interest by emailing MyCSPTraining@equiniti.com and letting them know which session you would prefer to attend. Should the demand for one particular session be high, we may have to move you to the other session. Please indicate in your email whether you are not flexible on your dates. As previously mentioned, the sessions will be live, using Microsoft Teams and you will have the opportunity to ask questions on the day and in advance. If you wish to submit them in advance, please use Slido and the code REF21.
8. If you have any general enquiries, as usual, please speak to your ERM in the first instance.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs, or would like to receive them in a different format, please contact EPN@MyCSP.co.uk.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
Members can find information about their pension by visiting the member's section.